Position: Merchandiser - Part Time
Report to: Sales Manager
Perform all facets of merchandising including stocking, rotating, and customer service to ensure customer satisfaction.
This position will primarily be in the Athens market.
- Calls on assigned accounts in order to communicate sales promotions and merchandising information to customers
- Set up plan-o-gram execution including stocking, fronting, facing and rotating of product also rearrange shelving, move product off shelves, pull shelving out of refrigerated doors, clean shelves and re-stock product back on to shelves
- Ensure that product displays look professional and appealing, ie; merchandise is displayed appropriately with proper signage and favorable shelf placement
- Reset displays and report any problems / opportunities with products and or displays
- Negotiate for additional shelf space and promotional space.
- Conducts store surveys and market analyses in order to better understand and test customer responses to given product and markets.
- Conduct store survey and market analysis in order to capture condition of display at time of arrival for the purpose of recognizing areas to maximize sales
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have a valid Driver s license and proof of insurance
- At least 3 years related merchandising experience in the field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and conscientious
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize/ self-motivate and manage time effectively
- Computer experience in Microsoft Office required.
- Excel spreadsheet experience required.
- Must be able to work weekends, and varying shifts (days, evenings, nights).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position requires lifting (up to 50 pounds), reaching, climbing, pulling, stooping, fine hand manipulation and kneeling. Extensive driving will be required to service customer base.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee must be able to work in hot and cold climates, both indoors and outdoors.
Borden Dairy is an Equal Opportunity Employer