- Adhere to all health and safety policies/procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) while in the plant.
- Responsible to adhere to food quality and food safety as per quality standards and/or Safe Quality Food requirements
- Works closely with all plant supervisors to maintain cleanliness standards, increase efficiencies and yields and eliminate damaged products.
- Determine priorities for cleaning either through directions provided by Warehouse Supervisor or through consultation of the Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Mix required chemicals in according to procedures.
- Operate all equipment when needed for cleaning correctly and complete all chemical concentration monitoring as described in Standard Operating Procedures.
- Complete accurate inventory counts and keep equipment and chemical storage areas clean and tidy.
- Store all chemicals and safety equipment properly.
- Complete special projects and other reasonable duties as assigned by Management.
- Complete Filter Change Log book as required.
- General maintenance of grounds
- Work as a team player to help the Production team meet its goals
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping of flooring and stairs using manual tools and equipment
- Operate floor sanitation equipment such as floor scrubbers
- Restock supplies in bathrooms break rooms and common areas.
- Empty all trash cans and replace liners, clean receptacles as necessary.
- Cleaning windowsills and windows.
- Maintain janitor closets in a clean, organized and safe manner.
- Maintain janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition.
- Other duties as required.
- At least one year of experience as a sanitation/janitorial worker in a warehouse environment using mobile cleaning equipment, able to operate mobile cleaning equipment and industrial baler.
- Able to work required shift hours plus with overtime.
- Able to climb stairs
- Able to work with approved cleaning supplies wearing appropriate PPE
- Able to work in a multi-temperature environment, subject to outside temperatures
- Able to work on and operate forklift
- Able to meet productivity standards
- Work overtime as required
- Work well in a team environment
- Awareness of chemicals that are in use in the facility and WHMIS certification
- Ability to routinely lift 60lbs
- Ability to perform duties within a high stress/pressure environment
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written (English)