EPS Machine Operator
Nudura Integrated Building Technology is looking for an Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) Machine Operator in the Columbus, Georgia area. The EPS Machine Operator loads the trolley or loader with webs and inspects the product as it comes out. The Operator then collapses and labels the product once it s verified for quality, before sending it through the wrapping machine. The Operator is responsible for documenting the process by ensuring the production sheet is completed thoroughly.
- Responsible for the successful operation of the assigned machine (one machine per operator).
- Loads and unloads quality checked webs onto the trolley or loader and then pulls completed forms from Allessio machine for further quality checks.
- Ensures that the product is properly guided through the machine to be inspected by quality personnel.
- Places bar code labels on inspected forms to be scanned into inventory.
- Fills out the production sheet according to production and quality checks. The production sheet ensures traceability of the product, quality, and is reviewed by the Quality Personnel and Plant Manager.
- Responsible for restarting the machine should there be a mechanical fault.
- Collectively lifts boxes and components onto conveyors, identifies and records any problems relating to the product, process, and quality assurance.
- Cross-trains on other production positions to assist as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Reports all quality and mechanical issues to EPS Adjuster.
- Initiates recommendations or provides solutions through the proper channels.
- Reports all safety hazards to immediate Supervisors if not able to correct the issue.
- Clean and maintain the area in the EPS Department to ensure proper functionality
- It is the responsibility of the EPS Machine Operator to report any violations of the departmental procedure to their immediate supervisor.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND EDUCATION
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, required.
- Previous experience in a warehouse or plant preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English, including safety rules, operating procedures, product specifications, material identification, and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, climb, squat, reach, grab, pull, push, and lift items that can weigh from 25-50 pounds.
- This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. The standard workday schedule is set by the Plant Manager with two shift options (day and evening).
- The job may require overtime due to seasonal demands at the request of the Plant Manager.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.