**SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR ELIGIBLE FULL TIME POSITIONS**
Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital is currently seeking Registered Nurses for several different departments.
Position Goal: The Registered Nurse (RN) is an essential member of the patient care team who is responsible for the delivery of direct and indirect patient care utilizing the nursing process for assigned patients. The RN is responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice, which includes managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment on the unit, and for the promoting collaboration with all members of the health care team. The Float Pool RN works in various settings based on staffing needs and provides care for varying acuity patients.
- The Registered Nurse will use the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- The Registered Nurse accurately assesses the needs of assigned patients using sound judgment and critical thinking and charting reflects timely, comprehensive, and systematic patient assessment.
- Creates, utilizes, and adapts a plan of care pertinent to the needs of the patient. Documentation reflects specific and measurable outcomes, education and family involvement.
- Collects, documents, and communicates all available data including: past medical history, vital signs, lab values, radiology exams, and other diagnostic tests pertinent to the care of the patient.
- Administers medications according to hospital policies and procedures, and individual scope of practice.
- Recognizes changing clinical status, anticipates problems, independently adapts plan of care, and appropriately communicates changes with interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates professional responsibility and accountability in collaborating with physicians and other members of the health care team to establish and achieve desired patient outcomes and promote continuity of care.
- Provides patient/family education pertinent to the patient problem and documents education provided and response. Utilizes appropriate methods for patient education, i.e. teach-back, handouts, demonstration.
- Maintains and promotes patient safety at all times, in all aspects of care.
- Documents all aspects of patient care according to policies and procedures. Documentation is concise, thorough, and accurately reflects patient condition, care provided, and patient response.
- Demonstrates knowledge, location, and operation of patient care equipment utilized. Assumes responsibility for maintenance and repair of equipment that is not functioning properly.
- Delegates tasks to other team members as appropriate according to policies, procedures, and scope of practice.
- Assists with unit orientation and continuing education of students and employees. RN’s with at least 6 months experience may act as preceptor for new staff. RN’s help support activities to make new personnel feel welcomed and important.
- Demonstrates responsibility for own competency and certifications. Meets ABN CEU requirements by obtaining required CEU credits annually. Independently maintains required certifications (BLS, ACLS, PALS). Prepares for annual performance evaluation conference through submission of completed skills lists, education attendance documents to unit manager the month prior to evaluation date.
Experience: 1 year of Critical Care nursing experience preferred
Education: Basic education necessary for Registered Nurse licensure.
Special Qualifications: Current Alabama Nursing License, BLS, ACLS, PALS are required. (ACLS and PALS may be obtained within the first 6 months of employment) Effective communication and interpersonal skills, excellent critical thinking and customer service.
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.